Green tea is believed to be one of the healthiest drinks till date.
This small cup of health has ample benefits ranging from weight loss to reducing the amount of fat in the body.
Something that was just in a cup is now finding a way not only into advertisements but also the fitness industries.
Undoubtedly it provides the best of benefits as read and researched on several online sites and other information sources. But, as said “Anything in excess is harmful” – it is important to know what can be the negative effects when one consumes green tea in EXCESS.
1. As per certain research studies, consumption of a large amount of green tea, exceeding 3-4 cups a day ( as estimated ) interferes with the absorption of iron and leads to iron deficiency anemia in the long term.
2. Be it black tea, green tea, oolong tea -- every tea has caffeine in it. Excess of caffeine does not only disrupt sleep but also causes anxiety over a long term.
3. Irritable Bowel Syndrome: IBS is a group of symptoms which includes belly discomfort or pain and trouble with bowel movements (diarrhoea and constipation). Caffeine consumed in excess can also trigger the symptoms of this syndrome thus causing discomfort.
4. Individuals who are sensitive to caffeine also can experience an upset stomach.
5. Did you know? Caffeine reduces the effects of Nadolol – a medicine used by blood pressure patients.
So well, as rightly said anything in excess is not good.
Getting fit is important but it is also essential to know that too much of something always has negative effects.
So let’s get more aware of what we consume. For more such information on health, stay connected with medicalwale.com
Written by: Megha Desai