For periods, vinegar has been utilized for various local purposes, household as well as cases its way into medicines. It has been considered as a piece of old society medication which can help in understanding various health conditions. While the utilization for white vinegar isn't unknown to us (which are ample), shockingly apple juice vinegar has some more, applications. ACV or Apple Cider Vinegar is the most well-known vinegar in the common wellbeing community.
It’s in all cases benefits are nearly everything beginning from restoring hiccups to weight reduction, relieving easing cool side effects to bringing down the glucose levels, and help to adapt up to wellbeing conditions like diabetes, cancer, heart issues and high cholesterol.
Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Here are listed few reasons to keep apple cider vinegar handy on your kitchen counter.
Apple cider vinegar has an anti-glycaemic effect. It helps you fight against diabetes and controls the blood sugar level. Although a cup of ACV looks like starch, it blocks some of the digestion of it.
So far, the most successful usage of ACV is that it is considered as a home remedy for type 2 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is when the sugars level in the blood elevates or the body is unable to produce its own insulin. ACV has been shown to have numerous benefits for insulin function and blood sugar levels, few of them are:
• Improves insulin sensitivity after a high-carbohydrate meal
• Lowers the blood glucose and insulin responses
• Reduces blood sugar
• Consumption if 2 tablespoons of apple juice vinegar before sleep time helps in lessening fasting blood sugars by 4%.
For the above-mentioned reasons, ACV is beneficial for people with diabetes, pre-diabetes, or for just someone who wants to keep a check on their blood sugar level.
2. Can help you get rid of those bad bacteria
The acetic acid present in apple cider vinegar can help you eradicate that bad bacteria or stop them from dividing and reaching that harmful level. ACV in past years has also been used as a disinfectant and natural preservative for this reason.
Years ago, Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine used vinegar for wound cleaning.
Few things that ACV can be used for are:
• It kills pathogens including bacteria
• Used for cleaning and disinfecting
• It has been used as a natural food preservative because it inhibits bacteria (likely) from growing in the food and spoiling it
• Helps in treating ear infection or nail with fungal infection
• Treats lice and warts
• Can help in treating acne when applied on the skin
3. Help reduce Heartburn and Acid Reflux
At the entrance to the stomach, there is a valve called the lower oesophagal sphincter (LES). Usually, the LES closes as soon as food passes through it. In a few cases, the LES doesn't close fully or it tends to open quite often then, the acid in the stomach moves up into the oesophagus resulting in burning chest pain called heartburn.
To improve the acid content of the stomach, mix raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and consume it.
Some of the common risk factors for acid reflux:
• Eating large meals
• Lying down right after a heavy meal
• Bending over at the waist
• Midnight snacking
• Eating certain foods, such as citrus, tomato, mint, chocolate, garlic, onions, or spicy or fatty foods
• High alcohol intake
• Consuming carbonated drinks, coffee, or tea in large quantity
• Being pregnant
• High dosage of medications
4. Aids in Weight Loss
It’s not that ACV will make you skinny but yes it does help you lose weight and get rid of that few extra kilos. According to a research, vinegar may turn on certain genes which participate in breaking down fats.
5. Helps in Digestion
Consuming apple cider vinegar with a starchy meal will digest the starch that you cannot digest.
ACV is full of probiotics and other beneficial bacteria that can support immune function and can also help in dealing with constipation.
6. Antioxidant Properties
Apple cider vinegar comprises many antioxidants which can help the body run healthily and smoothly. The antioxidants are catechin, caffeine gallic acid, and chlorogenic acids.
7. Promotes Healthy Cholesterol
Studies have shown that ACV supports healthy cholesterol. It protects the body from any arterial damage or oxidation, which is the foremost risk of high cholesterol.
8. Enhances Nutrient Absorption
The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar can increase the body’s mineral absorption from the food consumed.